Pbsaber no action

I was excited to finally receive my new propboard loaded with pb saber. So I decided to give it a little test with a 24mm 4 ohm speaker, momentary switch, and powered by a typical 9v battery. I am planning on using neopixels but thought it wise to test everything else first. No joy, so I tried loading a sketch via usb and it uploaded with no problems. Tested a few bits with my multimeter. Power and ground confirmed on the pads and 5v and ground working on the input/output pads. Speaker is not open, resistance is 4 ohms. Could a mistake in the sd card files cause no action?

Haha, nevermind. In my haste I had renamed the config file in the sd as config.ini whereas it should have simply been an ini file named “config”

Sounds amazing!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

Sometimes Windows hide file extensions, so if you rename a config.ini file you may end up with a config.ini.ini file in the SD.

In any case, if you connect the USB and open the Serial console in the Arduino IDE you will see a lot of messages that help you diagnose problems like that.

Thanks Ivan. It was exactly as you say, double ini. I should have look at the serial console and probably saved myself some time. At least I got to laugh at myself for the simplicity of my mistake.

1 Like